Skip to main content

Sugars and Diabetes Connection

 Hello Everyone in Natural Health Nation-

                I hope that you had a great Labor Day weekend and were able to relax a bit. I talked to several patients this morning and their complaint was the weekend was too busy, as most weekends are. The weather sure was nice even though it was a little hot, but we know this won’t continue and the temperatures will start going down a bit. Hopefully we will have a nice long fall that stays somewhat warm but we will see. I had an uncle that used to work at a LP gas company. They had watched the temperatures over the years and they average out. So, if you have a really hot summer, you would normally have a cold winter. But if the summer was more moderate, you have a more moderate winter. With the busy weekend and some of the beverages people consumed, don’t forget to stay hydrated and that means good quality water and electrolytes which are basically sea salt or mineral salt. We are still using a lot of our product called Cal-Amo that helps people with muscle spasms and leg cramps and that tired feeling of being wore out after being outside.

                Our health shops are going well and I’m looking forward to next Monday. This month were talking about the major degenerative diseases that plague our country and next Monday we will talk about Diabetes. I was talking to someone else over the weekend who had made a dessert for the cookout  she was headed to and she told me that she doesn’t eat the desserts but others do a lot. I explained that I wish people would understand the connection between eating a lot of refined sugars and carbohydrates and how that wears out the pancreas over time, which can then be diagnosed as Diabetes because of the lack of insulin being produced. Not only is the refined sugar something the body has never had before its invention, but the refining process takes out all the minerals and fiber and other nutrients that are normally in foods that contain some sugars. It’s not that the sugar itself is particularly bad, it’s just that the process of refining it and making everything so sweet, and addictive by the way, that the body can just not handle all that sugar. Something to think about.

                The article that I’m sending along today looks at the difference between animal protein sources and plant protein sources. Of course, our bodies do better with animal sources of proteins because our bodies are an animal or mammal being. People think that whatever they buy and put in their mouth automatically goes to where it is supposed to. And people that had a good digestive system, that may be true but most don’t. This is especially true for folks after age 35 to 40 when their ability to produce the correct stomach acid starts to wane. All those folks out there that are on proton pump inhibitors and taking ant- acids like candy, and there are a lot of them, will age a lot faster as are not absorbing the food nutrition that they’re eating. Their symptoms of acid reflux might be better, but at what cost. It’s so important to look at the cause of the condition rather than just treat symptoms. Symptoms are like the red light on the dashboard of your car, the body is asking for help. But if you’re just putting black tape over it, like taking medication, the car eventually will stop running. I just feel that people rely on doctors too much and don’t think about how the body works. This is what we specialize in here at Natural Health, looking at underlying causes of problems and getting the body to work correctly so that it can heal itself, as it has done for thousands of years. 

Click here to read article

Get Healthy, Stay Healthy, and Live Well

Dr. Mark

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breast Health

  Hello Everyone in Natural Health Nation-             Aren’t the trees beautiful? Fall is such a beautiful time of year and the weather has been outstanding. I hope you were able to get outside and increase your vitamin D stores for the winter. Remember that vitamin D is activated by sunlight so it’s important to get some. Vitamin D is also an oil soluble vitamin so you must be consuming good fats in order to have a good vitamin D source. If you get into the science of vitamin D, you’ll find it comes from cholesterol so the mainstream medicines war on cholesterol causes vitamin D levels to be low and this causes lots of immune system problems and other issues. We help our patients be able to digest and absorb fats and watch that their vitamin D levels are optimum.             The article I’m sending along this week looks at screenings and mammograms and how they can be...

Communication

  Natural Health Family, how is everyone doing? I hope everyone enjoyed the beautiful weekend and got some sunshine. Today let’s talk about communication and why it is important in our lives and for our own health.  Last weekend I explored Colorado. I went snowboarding and hiked a good amount also. I learned a lot just by getting out in nature and noticing different aspects of the forest and parks. One characteristic of the forest that I found interesting was the aspen trees. It appeared that they would appear sporadically in the forest and in groups. I was curious and wanted to learn more about them. I found out that the different aspen trees or tree trunks are not separate but they actually function as one tree. The roots of the tree are well connected so that they are able to communicate and act as one organism. I found this interesting because we tend to think that the whole tree is only about what is on the surface of the ground rather than all the roots and connections...

Slow It Down

  Wake up Natural Health Family!  Imagine everyone had a blessed and great weekend. We are in exciting times, yes? Or these times are the worst and everything is falling apart? How do you see it? However you do, life will go on. It certainly is different from years past and continues to change at a fast rate. Our ability to adapt to this change can be an important factor in our health.  Do you remember when times seemed to be simpler? Or maybe we thought they were simpler? I say this because many life changes seem difficult at first, but then when we get more familiar with it, the change becomes simpler. Time before did seem slower. There wasn’t so much technology, so many “things” to do, so many messages, emails, or notifications. We have so many abilities to connect with others, but the connection with others is not as strong as it used to be. Our society has changed from telling stories to what’s on TV. From meals made from scratch to how fast can this meal be made. Pe...