Skip to main content

Heart Health Month

 

Hello Everyone in Natural Health Nation-

                I hope that you enjoyed the weekend despite the cold. The forecast is looking better for the following week so maybe were getting away from the frigid temperatures and heading toward spring. It was cloudy all day here so I’m hoping any local groundhogs did not see their shadow and we’re headed for an early spring-ha. Don’t forget to keep your house humidifier’s working as the furnace running more causes the air to dry. And also keep using sea salt or Cal-Amo, that we have here at the office, to add the electrolytes to the hydration you’re getting. Also, hopefully, we will be able to get outside more soon and get the sun to help us produce more active vitamin D. If you’re noticing dry skin, try getting more of the good oils in your diet like coconut oil and butter, lard or tallow.

                It’s a new month so were changing our health shop topics to heart health this month. The health shop this week will concentrate on causes of heart problems and should be interesting due to the changes lately. The article that I’m sending along looks at how the herb “Holy Basil” can help with so many things and for us here at Natural Health, is just another indication of how natural supplements and herbs can help the body heal itself and help the body towards a strong immune system. Drugs may be necessary to help certain symptoms but are not health promoting, in other words, may be necessary for short-term emergency treatment but does not promote health in the long term. At Natural Health, we are always working towards educating the patient in the ways of helping the body to be healthy by natural means and not trying to force the body to do a certain thing, like keeping a blood pressure number lower. We are always looking towards the underlying reason for the problem and not trying to chase symptoms.

                I hope that you have had a chance to look at independent media sources and keep up on the news coming out about this covid business. Again, a great source that I like to use for my own education is www.thehighwire.com. There are other sources to be sure but this one is easy to understand and all of the information is backed up. 

Click here to read article from Dr. Mark

Get Healthy, Stay Healthy, and Live Well

Dr. Mark

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breast Health

  Hello Everyone in Natural Health Nation-             Aren’t the trees beautiful? Fall is such a beautiful time of year and the weather has been outstanding. I hope you were able to get outside and increase your vitamin D stores for the winter. Remember that vitamin D is activated by sunlight so it’s important to get some. Vitamin D is also an oil soluble vitamin so you must be consuming good fats in order to have a good vitamin D source. If you get into the science of vitamin D, you’ll find it comes from cholesterol so the mainstream medicines war on cholesterol causes vitamin D levels to be low and this causes lots of immune system problems and other issues. We help our patients be able to digest and absorb fats and watch that their vitamin D levels are optimum.             The article I’m sending along this week looks at screenings and mammograms and how they can be...

Communication

  Natural Health Family, how is everyone doing? I hope everyone enjoyed the beautiful weekend and got some sunshine. Today let’s talk about communication and why it is important in our lives and for our own health.  Last weekend I explored Colorado. I went snowboarding and hiked a good amount also. I learned a lot just by getting out in nature and noticing different aspects of the forest and parks. One characteristic of the forest that I found interesting was the aspen trees. It appeared that they would appear sporadically in the forest and in groups. I was curious and wanted to learn more about them. I found out that the different aspen trees or tree trunks are not separate but they actually function as one tree. The roots of the tree are well connected so that they are able to communicate and act as one organism. I found this interesting because we tend to think that the whole tree is only about what is on the surface of the ground rather than all the roots and connections...

Slow It Down

  Wake up Natural Health Family!  Imagine everyone had a blessed and great weekend. We are in exciting times, yes? Or these times are the worst and everything is falling apart? How do you see it? However you do, life will go on. It certainly is different from years past and continues to change at a fast rate. Our ability to adapt to this change can be an important factor in our health.  Do you remember when times seemed to be simpler? Or maybe we thought they were simpler? I say this because many life changes seem difficult at first, but then when we get more familiar with it, the change becomes simpler. Time before did seem slower. There wasn’t so much technology, so many “things” to do, so many messages, emails, or notifications. We have so many abilities to connect with others, but the connection with others is not as strong as it used to be. Our society has changed from telling stories to what’s on TV. From meals made from scratch to how fast can this meal be made. Pe...